Wednesday, March 26, 2008

While Papa Is Away - up to day 38 updates

Pheww.. what a week! Alhamdulillah after what we went through everything now is (almost) back to normal. Apart frm 1 wk of annual leaves that I hv to take, playing nurse at home for my favourite patient a.k.a Prince Awisy ehehe. Paed said that awisy fever is contagious to other babies/kids. Obviously I dont want anothers parents to experience wht we went through rite?Thus I decided to keep him at home until end of this week (hopefully he's fully recovered by then). Meanwhile I thank everyone for ur wishes/doa's/prayers/supports especially to my cyberfrens (u all laa.. awisy's blog readers :D) Thanks Y'all Mwhas *hugs n kisses*.

On the 3rd day (if u can see the rashes hs started to appear)

We paid another visit to clinic yesterday. This time to paed for his monthly chk-up. I ws expecting the usual chk-up minus injection as he hd completed his triple antigen dosage last month. Turns out there's another Hep-B injection for him (Annur paed immunisation scheme is quite different frm the gov clinnics - blame Mama for not doing my research huhuhu..). Its okay though, Awisy received the injection like a man (yeah rite hahaha.. he ws screaming on top of his lung okay). Dr also inspect his fever n rashes; his fever is completely gone (Alhamdulillah) and the rashes hs subsided (my baby's eyes is no longer the vampire eyes i.e. bloodshot), but it will take a plus minus of 5 days for him to fully recover.

His face is smoldered with Calamine Lotion to reduce itchiness

I'd like to take a moment (ecehh.. :P) to recommend a few of good books for childcare. Well, I'm a book type of person, I always get back to my book whenever I need information about something. As Awisy is our 1st child (of a few more to come.. Insyallah.. hehhee - dont get funny idea Papa, at least 2 yrs frm now :P) and my parents 1st grandchild, our childcare skills n knowledge are quite limited. This books hs helped me a lot in understanding my baby behaviour, planning of what to come, milestones to be expected, whats normal n whats not, sickness n its symptoms, and dealing w the unexpected.


For example, I would hv no idea of (the correct way) sponge bath for high fever if it werent on these books. So here are my 3 fav books, I read them religiously, once they even became my bedtime books (but not anymore hehehe..). I would recommend future (Anasdila yes its u my dear ;) ), new, and not-so new parents to own at least one of these or maybe ur own choice. My top list is Dr Miriam's (sufficient infos wif lots of pictures/illustrations). However I'll read Dr Sears's baby book whenever I need details (but be warned the book is quite dull as there's very limited illustrations).


Owk Owwh the patient hs wake up.. Gottogo eveybody~ Till then ..Tata!

p/s - i hv a surprise! but not now.. later k :D

5 comments:

-me- said...

mimi,
i pun ada jugak so called 'kitab' nak rujuk bab2 baby ni...
hahaha...memang nak kena ada kan?

mama ryan said...

ala.. ciannye dgn awisy, habis rashes kat muka tu.. but still cute tho...

mcm i pulak, agak2 males nak mbaca buku, tp kalau baca blog rajin pulak.. errr... ngape ke????

(i guess d explaination is more dekat dhati)

Mimi said...

-me- >> sama la kita ek? ;D u refer buku apa? leh la share skali

mama ryan >> yups.. depends on urself actually. everyone ada cara yg tersendiri kan?!

naza said...

halo yer..
emm bagus la ade ref book..mmg u should have some if not all..btw i will recommend u to buy dr.miriam stoppard- baby's first skill..mmg bagus..u can monitor the baby's growth and know how to stimulate..and another book what to expect-baby's first year..

-me- said...

mimi,
check out my blog...
i dah letak jugak books yg i slalu refer...