Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Please Dont Do That Again



Little One was gliding down the slides when I cast a glance at Papa and he mouthed "5 more minutes!". I turn my attention to Papa who was sitting on the side bench. Despite being sick with fever, he brought us here for a quick fix for dinner and stocking on some groceries. Feeling concern, I checked.

"How're u feeling?"

"Still holding on but really need to lie down real soon"

"Ok then, 5 more minutes"

I turn my head back to Little One and realize he wasnt there. Thinking that he must has climbed onto one of the toys on this playground, I try to look for him. Someone is coming down the slides tunnel. The boy stepped outside, but he's not my Little One.

Where is him?

Did u see him?

Papa shake his head. I frantically scan the playground area but he is nowhere in sight. Panic began to rise as I search into each toys. Suddenly I saw two big figures, one holding a baby, one holding a hand of a toddler coming towards me from the shops area. My heart dropped right there and then as I realize in shocked.

"Its Little One! When did? How did?"

A surge of relief as I run shoeless towards the couple. The man are shaking his head while the woman are smiling but I can see their bubbling thoughts in unison, "how careless are u woman!". I grab my Little One "OMG! when did u sprinted outside? I only turn my head to Papa for like 10 seconds!".


Not the best day of my life.



P/s - To The Couple, I never get to thank u guys. I was overwhelmed by a mixture of feelings that is hard to explain. Needless to say, I blamed myself for my own carelessness. Lesson learnt. I can never thank u enough for catching my little sprinter and bringing him back to me. Shukran Jazilan. Terima Kasih. Arigato gozaimasu. Merci Beaucoup. Danke. Xie xie.

7 comments:

Yatie SawaNiLa said...

happened to me with my lil gal at IKEA.. just lucky one english lady found her crying and much luckier she can speak english hahah

yep it happen in few sec

btw, my name is yatie, visit my blog too

mrs noba said...

alhamdulillah..
thank god he is ok!

mommylyssa said...

thank goodness!!!!

Zuhaini said...

alhamdulillah. mak ai.. takutnya kalau anak ilang, kan...

NORA SAKURA said...

OMG !..OMG!!..OMGggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

mommysarah said...

nasib baik... Alhamdulillah...

PurPle said...

phew... thank God. just pray it wont ever happen again.