Monday, March 23, 2009

Mimi's Chicken Broth

This is definitely a comfort food that best served warm, enjoyed while watching ur favourite movie or rereading ur favourite book over n over againg (in my case its always Enid Blytons Adventure Series :D)

The Ingredients

Onion, 3-4 Shallots, Garlic, Tomato, Potato, and Carrot (I only have 1 potato left, usually I'll used 2-3 to make the broth thicker). The chocolate milk is for the chef :)

Oh! Do add some celery if u have it! I dont have any so yeah..


Chicken, deskinned.. For tastier result (in my opinion) use the chicken breast part, or the white\lean meat parts.. Here I use everything as I want to finish my chicken stock, otherwise I'll save the drumsticks n wings part for other meals.
Seasonings! Salt and pepper, dried Basil leaves (trust me on this!)
A loyal kitchen companion with his creamcrackers

The Preparation

Diced tomato and onion, cut the potato and slice the carrots
Crush the shallots and garlic with a little bit of salt. Just for fun (as if?) I smeared the chicken parts with it as in marinating those chicken.
Filled the pot with water until it covers the chicken. Throw in all those carrots, tomatoes, onions, and potatoes.
Bring the soup to boil. Season with salt, 3/4 teaspoon of pepper and dried basil, then slowdown the heat to minimum and let it simmer for 1-2 hours (The more the merrier! Haha).
Take out some of the potato and carrots. It'll be mushy at this point. Crushed with fork.
Dumped it back into the soup.
Takeout the chicken. De-bones (remove the bones) and shred the meat. Also dumped it back into the soup.

Let it simmer again for 10 - 15 mins. Then turn off the stove. Cover the pot and let the broth cool down a bit. Its actually ready to be eaten (on its own or with bread)..


This time I serve it with curly-wurly pasta!

TADAAA!!!

Yummy! U can always make a lot and store it in the fridge for brunch the next day..

Enjoy~

5 comments:

Zuhaini said...

looks yummy!

will try it! tq.. :)

naza said...

weh ni dh jadik blog masak memasak pulak eh??hehe..
ok la..gives me some idea!

Siti Fatimah said...

wow!!! sedap nyerrr... yummy yummy!!! lahhhh harus try nih :D

Catz said...

wow..it looks yummy...eh..best ek buh basil?..teringin plak aku nak cuba ni...

Mimi said...

Zu n Siti Fatimah
Mmmg Yummylicious~ Give it a shot! Hope U'll like it ;)

Sab
Huhu x ahh.. aku just jot down n sharing some of my fav recipes :)

Catz
Eh try laaa.. sodapppp! tambah basil nnt rasa dia jadi cam western2 gitewww..